Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

I am Aromantic

Hello my kittens~
I know it's been way too long since I last posted anything... 
But I totally blame Uni... 
And the fact my laptop suffered some hardware malfunction
But today I'm going to do a more serious type of post
About Aromantism;


Why am I talking about a romantic orientation on my blog?
Mainly because I barely found any personal talk about it;
Usually it's grouped with asexuality and that's not true
because a romantic orientation is different than a sexual orientation

So what is Aromantism?
It's the inability to feel romantic love towards a sexual interest
OK I'm being very broad here; since there are Aromantics who do experience it a little
but I'm giving you the general idea.

I don't want to put it in a specific mold of rules because we all know that's not how it works;
I am however going to talk about my personal experiences living with it
and how I got reactions from the people around me;

OK so here it goes~
My entire life this idea was shoved down my throat that I need to find love
and have a wedding and have tons of kids...
I never understood the need for that;
as I grew up girls around me started falling in love and getting boyfriends
I got asked so many times
"Noor why don't you get a boyfriend? You're cute you can get one."
or
"Why don't you find a guy to love?"
I never felt like I needed it
I don't need romantic love to feel complete
I feel fine the way I am; mind you I am not asexual
if anything I'm sapoiosexual but that's a whole blog on it's own.
I do experience sexual attraction and I have sexual interests yes
BUT
I don't experience ROMANTIC attraction
I love my friends, family. cat. electronics, fictional characters
all in a none-romantic kind of way
Maybe my laptop is special but oh well
But here's the thing we are not devoid of emotion
Just because I don't love like you don't mean something is wrong with me.
And the worst of them all is
"You just didn't find the right person yet"
BITCH GO JUMP OF A CLIFF!
Imagine saying that to a Gay guy
"You just didn't mean the right girl yet"
or a Lesbian
"You just didn't meet the right guy yet"
...
......
...........
See how ridiculous that sounds?
And I hate it when this idea is shoved down my throat daily
Guys saying they love me and they want me to love them back
and I'm sitting here "......"

or my Parents; they keep saying come on dear go find yourself a husband....

I DON'T CARE HONESTLY

OK but since for religious reasons I need to be married to get laid
so that's why I'm even considering marriage

But it's really hard finding guys who are feel the same way about this matter as I do
They want love
and I'm like move on love cause this girl ain't giving you any.
I don't mean it in a bitchy way
but I can't give you what I don't feel...
~~

So my close ones' reactions to my romantic orientation was surprisingly funny
I told my BFF first mainly because we actually feel the same XD
I told my sis second and she was like so you're not the only weirdo
she said it in a light-hearted joke
*I love being weird*

The funniest reaction is when I told my mom
I first explained to her what Aromantism is and she on her own said
"OH! That's you!"
Mind you I had to explain it to her in Arabic sine my mom isn't that good with English
that's why that was her reaction

But generally there is not much change on how my friends think of
I mean come on
I've always been the girl who didn't get a boyfriend cause I didn't want drama in my life
Yes
I consider romantic love as drama....
~~~

Sorry if this post was boring and long but I need to spread this around
since it's widely known
and you will think your entire life something is off with you
cause you don't understand what others feel...

I will be doing a post about sapiosexuality soon mainly
because it's sooooooo misunderstood...

anyways that's it for this post~~

Thanx for reading and stay tuned for the next post
Love (Platonic) and kisses to all~~ <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment